Blog 4

      The standard that I chose was LAFS.2.L.3.4. This standard is a second-grade standard in which students should be able to define an unknown word based on the other words in the sentence. The student should be able to use context clues to find out what the word means and what the sentence is trying to say. If students cannot define the word, then they should be able to use a physical dictionary or an online dictionary. I feel that with my current skill set that I would be able to teach this standard. I believe this as I can explain how to look for context clues as well as teaching students how to use a dictionary. 

    I think that CPALMS is very helpful with the resources that they proved for teachers. The lesson plans can help me shape my lesson plans to follow the standards. I also believe that the tutorials could be helpful with coming up with activities to help teach the lesson to the students. The concept of veteran teachers being able to give advice to new teachers on things that they have learned in their years of teaching is very beneficial to the new teachers.

    I think internet searching is very helpful for teachers as it provides resources for lesson ideas or ideas on how to engage a class more efficiently. Using the advanced search of google to refine your searches is very helpful as it allows for you to be able to find better refined searches. I can definitely see me using this in the future as I primarily use google when trying to find the answers to my questions. I think that the familiarity can help me find the results I need faster and more efficiently than the other ways of searching.


    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 2

Walker Blog Post 1

Blog 6