Walker Blog Post 1

        I began twirling at the age of three because my sister was a twirler. As a child, I wanted to be just like her as I saw her as my role model. I worked hard in twirling and made the middle school team my sixth-grade year. I tried out for high school, and it was the hardest tryouts that I had ever had at this point. I did not feel very confident in my abilities when I saw the upperclassman's skill level, however I made the team after putting in hours of work each day. I tried out for a college line my senior year with my best friend. We knew no one at these tryouts and we even had a different twirling style than the rest of the girls. We left the tryouts with our heads held high, until we got to the car where we expressed our true worry with how the tryouts went. After the tryouts, we had to wait days to hear if we had made it, but in the end we made the line. 
    My prior experiences using technology in an educational setting rely mostly on Microsoft word. I have used Canva before when I was in my senior year of high school. I have also used technology such as excel in my freshman year of high school. My technology experiences mostly were using a Chromebook to use google software throughout my high school educational career.
    My personal learning networks that I use to help me with my education are software like the calendar. The calendar allows for me to keep up with the due dates for assignments. I also have the canvas app and an email to let me reach professors if I have any questions. I also use the library offline and online to find resources for my learning. As well as using the library I will use dictionaries if I find a word that I do not understand while completing readings for class.

"baton girls" by Joelk75 is licensed under CC BY 2.0. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/?ref=openverse. 

Comments

  1. This comment is from Peyton Perales. His/her blog has issue to reply so I copy and paste the reply here:
    Kelsey, wow! Twirling is something I have heard of but honestly thought it wasn’t real because I’ve never met someone who actually does it. That’s super cool that you have been doing it for so long and that your hard work paid off in the end. I think we have pretty similar technology experience because I, too, have just used the basic apps/tools on the internet throughout my schooling. The calendar on my phone is also something I take advantage of- having my due dates in my hand at all times is super helpful! The Canvas to-do list and the accessibility it provides helps me as well because it’s super easy to find assignments or contact peers/teachers thro9ugh the app. The library dictionaries I haven’t tried yet, but maybe I will soon. Hope you have a great rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 2

Blog 6