Blog Post 2

    My experiences with Microsoft word began in sophomore year of high school. I had just begun dual enrollment and my first class was a note taking class. I had to use word to write essays and write notes throughout the course of the class. I also had to use word for my dual enrollment English classes during my senior year of high school. I have continued to use word at FSU in many of my classes. I prefer to use word rather than any other writing application as I am most familiar with it. 
    I believe that the collaborator standard of 2.4 is the most important to me. This standard is about communicating with colleagues, which helps teachers immensely. An example of this would be teacherspayteachers, from which many of my high school worksheets came from. This standard also allows encases 2.4.d which covers communication with parents. This is a very important thing in elementary education as teachers have parent teacher conferences often.
    I agree with the label of digital native for today's youth. A digital native is someone born after the invention of the digital world. In most education spaces teachers are using technology to teach. For example, most classrooms have had smartboards or have used Chromebooks with applications like google classroom. There is a difference in how my teachers have used technology in class with many of my teachers being confused with how certain programs work. In my experience a student would have to help the teacher use the program. I expect that I will be better suited to use technology of my time than some of my teachers. I see myself working technology into some of my lessons with my future students. I can also see me being confused and the students helping me as technology is always changing.

Comments

  1. Hi Kelsey! I completely agree with your perspective on how each generation's knowledge of using technologies will change over time and is based on what technologies are popular during their time. I'm wondering what sorts of technology specifically you're looking to incorporate into your classroom in the future. But I totally relate to feeling uncertain about what the future of technology will look like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Walker Blog Post 1

Blog 6